Soccer Activities for Children (h1)
Soccer is the world’s most popular sport. It is played and enjoyed by millions across the globe, by adults and children alike. For youngsters, soccer has become a source of entertainment, staying physically active while playing the game, a way to learn teamwork, and take away valuable lessons on and off the field. In this article, we will explore what is a soccer game, how long is a soccer game, best iOS soccer games, soccer game rules, and 10 exciting soccer activities for children to enhance knowledge and mastery of the sport.
What is a soccer game?
Soccer is a team sport played by two teams in a field. Each team consists of 11 players which consists of a designated goalkeeper and 10 outfield players. The players have to propel the ball towards the opponent’s goal to score.
How long is a soccer game?
Total running time of a soccer game is 90 minutes.
What are the best iOS soccer games?
- New Star Manager
- Top Eleven
- New Star Soccer
- Flick Kick Football
- Charrua Soccer
- Tiki Taka Soccer
- Football Manager 2023 Mobile
- Retro Soccer
- Pixel Cup Soccer 16
- FIFA Mobile
What are the soccer game rules?
- A soccer game is played by two teams having 11 players in each team, among which 1 is a designated goalkeeper in each team.
- A match is played in 90 minutes, in two halves of 45 minutes.
- The game begins by tossing a coin. The winning captain gets to decide which goal they want to defend or to take the first kick off.
- All players must use their legs, head, and chest to propel the ball. Only the goalkeeper is allowed to use their hands in the designated goal area.
- The aim of the game is to score a goal, which is done by propelling the ball into the opponent’s goal.
- If the ball completely crosses the sideline, the ball must be thrown back into the field by the team which was not the last to touch the ball.
- The game is supervised by a central referee and 2 linesmen. They award free kicks as well as penalties when rules are not adhered to. For continuous breaking of rules or a bad foul, the player is shown a red card and is sent off.
The basics of a soccer game is easy to follow while playing. In the article now we will look at 10 exciting soccer activities for children to play.
10 exciting soccer activities for children
- Dribble Obstacle Course: In this game, the focus is on dribbling, which is an essential soccer skill. Create a series of cones, hoops, or markers in various patterns for your kid to dribble past these obstacles. It will help in dribbling skills, agility, and ball control.
- Passing Relay: Passing the ball is a fundamental aspect of soccer, and a passing relay activity can make the game more enjoyable. Form two lines of children facing each other with a good distance in between. The player at one end passes the ball to the player at the other end before running to the opposite line. This will enhance communication between players and ball passing accuracy.
- King/Queen Of The Ring: An engaging soccer activity for kids is this method. Create a circle using cones or markers. One kid stands in the middle who is the King or Queen. The other kids will dribble around the circle, trying to knock the King/Queen’s ball while defending their own. The last kid with their ball inside the circle becomes the next King/Queen. This is an amazing way to upskill dribbling and defending skills.
- Pass And Move Drill: Have the children form a circle with one child in the centre. The player in the centre calls out the name of a player in the circle, receives a pass, and then passes it to another teammate. This continues as players move around the circle. It is a great exercise to strengthen passing and positioning skills.
- Juggling Challenge: Juggling is an amazing way to enhance ball control and touch. Challenge the kid to try juggling the ball using their feet, thighs, chest, and head without letting the ball fall to the ground. You can also make it a friendly match by checking who can juggle the ball for the highest number of times. This activity is practice for ball-handling skills.
- Sharks And Minnows: In this brilliant activity, one child, the Shark, will begin in the middle of the field without a ball while the other children, the Minnows, will all start from one side of the field. All the Minnows will have a ball each and they will try to dribble and protect the ball to reach the other end of the field. If the Shark kicks out the ball of a Minnow, that child is out of the game. Continue the process until there is only one Winnow left, who will be the winner.
- Musical Balls: In this activity, we draw from the famous “Musical Chairs.” Instead of chairs, we will use soccer balls here. There will be children in a circle and balls in the middle. The number of balls will be one less than the number of children in total. The music plays, and the children start rotating in the circle. As soon as the music stops, the children run to the centre to pick up a ball. The one child without a ball is eliminated. Continue the process until you have a winner. This activity teaches attentiveness and agility.
- Hula Hoop: For this activity, create a large circle with the help of cones. Each player grabs a hula hoop and places it evenly around the edges. Keep many soccer balls in the middle of the field. The activity is for the players to get as many balls from the middle of the field to their hula hoop in a limited period of time. Players can only bring one ball at a time but they can also take balls out of others’ hula hoops. The one with the most number of balls in the hula hoop This exercises speed and concentration.
- Scrimmage With A Twist: Incorporate various conditions or rules in the game. For example, you can play a game where the players are allowed to use only one foot, or they have to go through a certain number of passes before they can attempt to score. Adding these twists to the scrimmage keeps it really entertaining. At the same time, it encourages certain skills and tactics.
- Soccer Bowling: Set up a row of pins or cones at one end of the field, and a large ball in the middle. The objective of the activity is to dribble the soccer ball and knock down as many pins or cones. This activity helps enhance dribbling, control, and precision.
These 10 exciting soccer activities will help them not only with getting better at the game, but will also instil values of teamwork, sportsmanship, and communication. The key to enhancing mastery of a game in children is to keep a balance between rigorous practice and entertaining activities. This will ensure that they have fun while mastering the skills of a game. So, get a soccer ball, go to the field, and have a lot of fun while your child is on the way to mastering the soccer game.