Kesar Milk is one of the most common beverages people in India enjoy. It forms a part of Indian culture and is not only enjoyed during festivities but also daily. If you’re wondering what Kesar is, it’s nothing but saffron, a spice derived from the crocus sativus flower. These saffron-looking threads are popularly used as a seasoning and a colouring agent in food. Apart from being used to make kesar milk, saffron is used in biryani and kheer. Kesar milk is known throughout India for having numerous health benefits. It is mainly consumed by children at night or even sometimes in the morning alongside breakfast. Believe it or not, the origin of Kesar milk goes back to an ancient home remedy. Considering the fact that Kesar Milk is filled with nutrients, it has often been linked with strengthening the immune system and aiding bone growth.
Saffron has solidified itself as a necessity in Ayurvedic medicine. Research claims that certain chemicals found in saffron can help battle cancer. In addition to this, it is also used to aid digestion and as an anti-inflammatory herbal remedy. The health benefits coupled with its undeniable presence in culinary delights have made it a requisite of every Indian kitchen. If you’ve been wondering about the kesar milk health benefits, you’ve come to the right place. Here are some of the reasons why consuming kesar milk is not just good for you but also for your little ones.
Kesar Milk Health Benefits
- Enhanced sleep quality- In today’s world which is filled with tight schedules and demanding tasks, both parents and children sacrifice sleep. Sleep, often considered a balm for sore minds, controls our mood, and thinking patterns and ultimately, determines our level of productivity during the day. It is so crucial to have a good night’s sleep. Having a nice warm glass of kesar milk acts as a natural remedy for insomnia. The calming properties associated with saffron promote restful and undisturbed sleep. Serotonin, a neurotransmitter that controls sleep and mood is believed to be stimulated by saffron. As parents, it is integral to develop the habit of giving our young ones a glass of kesar milk before bedtime.
- Promotes digestion- One of the main kesar milk health benefits is aiding in digestion. It can soothe the stomach lining and relieve discomfort associated with digestion. Incorporating kesar milk into the diet of your little ones will reduce the chances of constipation and gut problems. Additionally, it leads to better nutrient absorption and promotes gastrointestinal well-being.
- Promotes bone growth- Milk contains calcium and is responsible for the growth and development of bones in kids. Childhood is one of the most crucial periods in a person’s life and adequate nutrition during childhood is crucial for physical and mental development. An adequate intake of calcium is required to meet a child’s nutrient requirement. Kesar milk contains manganese, phosphorus, vitamin C and vitamin A, which are all responsible for proper bone strength and growth.
- Boosts cognitive development- Two of the most important nutrients that promote cognitive development are present in saffron. It contains both riboflavin and thiamine which play a crucial route in stimulating brain activity. They sharpen the mind and help in promoting the development of critical thinking. Incorporating kesar milk into your child’s diet is one of the best things that you can do as a parent.
- Cardiovascular health- Saffron has been known to play a vital role in reducing cholesterol levels and improving blood circulation. One of the most common causes of cardiovascular problems is high and untreated cholesterol levels. Cholesterol thickens the blood vessels making your heart work harder to pump blood. A natural way of ensuring a healthy heart is by introducing kesar milk into your kid’s diet plan.
- Radiant skin- Kesar milk works wonders in clearing and brightening up your face. It gives one a glowing complexion as saffron contains antioxidants. This reduces the signs of aging and clears up blemishes on the face.
- Boosts immunity- One of how your body fights infections is through a strong immune system. Having a strong immune system will ensure that you are healthy, owing to your body’s ability to fight infections. It was only during the time of the pandemic when COVID-19 ravaged the world, that importance was given to one’s immunity system. COVID-19 survivors were those who had a strong and compromised immune system. While medicines can fight the effects of an infection, to get rid of that infection altogether, a stronger immune system is required. Thankfully, kesar milk is all you need to keep your immune system healthy and happy.
- Weight management- Did you know that saffron may aid in managing your weight? It does so by reducing hunger pangs and food cravings. When combined with milk, which provides essential nutrients and proteins, kesar milk can be a satisfying and nutritious addition to your diet, potentially assisting in weight control.
- Enhanced mood and stress relief- Kesar milk’s mood-enhancing properties, thanks to saffron, can help combat stress and anxiety. A warm glass of kesar milk can have a calming effect on the mind, making it a soothing beverage during times of stress.
The benefits of kesar milk are manifold. Here at EuroKids, our team of experts balance academics with co-curricular activities keeping in mind health and nutrition. To ensure the holistic development of your little ones, EuroKids focuses both on the development of the physical and mental self. This involves nurturing a child’s body and mind. If you want to learn more about diet plans and why it’s important to give your child kesar milk, visit us at our blog or our nearest centre to you.