The only thing better than ‘chasing’ after Bubbles, is ‘popping’ them! Oh, and not only for children, but adults, too!
As a parent, you do want to leave most of that bubble-popping fun, for your little one. As for you, it is better that you learn how to make a Bubble Wand for Kids! In this article we will explore the quintessential Bubble Wand Recipe, that will teach you how to make Homemade Bubble Wands. Needless to say, that will only pave the way for some great, unadulterated bubble-popping fun in the time to come, for your eager child.
Can’t wait to get started, where it comes to learning how to make those cool devices, including a ‘Big’ Bubble Wand? Read on, to find out more about creating these wands, that are about as close to ‘Magic Wands’ as can possibly be!
Bubble Wand Recipe: How to make Homemade Bubble Wands
There’s no reason you need to be working solo, where it comes to making that Bubble Wand. Get your kids to help out, too!
Bubble Wand for Kids: The Ingredients
- Art Wire
- Shiny Beads
- 1 Cup Water
- 1 tbsp. corn syrup
- 2 tbsp. detergent
Bubble Wand Recipe: Making the Wand
Are you all set to make that magic wand?
- Twist the end of a piece of that wire, into a circle. Ensure the end is sufficiently twisted, to help create a ‘closed circle.’
Note: This needs to be approximately 3 inches in diameter.
- Now, the other end of the wire needs to be pulled straight down, to make for the ‘handle’ of the Bubble Wand.
Note: Use your discretion to make this end as long as you like, until you sever the bit you don’t need.
- Take the ‘decorative’ beads, and string them along the handle you have created. Finally, when you have finished decorating it to your heart’s content, twist the end of the wire so that the beads are secure, and then cut off all the extra wire. Voila! You have created your very first bubble wand, and you are all set to go, to blow some magnificent bubbles!
Bubble Wand Recipe: Making The Bubbles
Can’t wait to indulge in blowing bubbles? Well, the very first thing that we need to do, is ‘create’ those bubbles!
- Taking the detergent, mix it in water.
Note: You will need to rely on your discretion again here, this time to see how much water you might need to add, depending on the relative humidity.
- Adding the corn syrup in the mixture, stir gently.
- That’s pretty much it! All you need to do now, is start blowing those bubbles! Once again, let us remind you to hand the wand to your child, so they get the first turn to blow those bubbles!
How to make a Big Bubble Wand
Know those giant bubbles, that leave even the likes of ‘you’ mesmerized? Time to up the ante now, and create a Bubble Wand that is sure to leave your kids enthralled, with the ‘magic’ they create!
Big Bubble Wand: Things you will Need to make the Wand
- 2 Wood Dowels. These need to be around 2 feet long, and 5/8 inches in diameter, and can be procured from your neighbouring hardware store.
- 3 yards of cotton cord (1/4 inch).
- 2 eye cords that can accommodate two cords going through them. These, too, can be picked up from that hardware store.
- 2 nuts, once again large enough to allow that cotton cord to go through them.
Big Bubble Wand: Ingredients for Bubble Solution
- Any brand of dish soap
- Corn Starch
- Baking Powder
- Distilled Water.
Note: Like in the earlier example, distilled water is believed to work better than tap water, where it comes to generating those bubbles.
Making the Giant Bubble Wand
Of course, making a wand that blows those ‘mega-bubbles’, will be a tad more complicated than that simple wand we created earlier!
- Take the eye hooks and screw one each, into an end of both of the wood dowels. Note: You might just find yourself having the need to drill a tiny hole in those dowels, before you find yourself able to screw those eye hooks in.
- Take the large cotton cord and cut it into 2 pieces. One of these has to be 3.5 feet long and the other, 5.5 feet.
- Taking a couple of nuts, thread them onto the cord that is longer.
- Tie the ends of each of the cords, to the eye hook that is in the first dowel.
- The other ends of both the cords must be tied into the eye hook in the second dowel.
- That’s it! The circuit wand is completed and your Giant Bubble Wand has been created.
Giant Bubble Wand: Making the Solution
Ready to go into the outdoors and start creating those giant bubbles? The ‘solution’ lies in finishing the process, by making the Bubble Solution!
- Take all the ingredients and mix them well in a bucket.
- Let the solution rest for a day, for better effect.
Note: In the case that you notice that the solution is a tad too ‘foamy’ on the top, all you need to do is to gently whisk that foam away with your hands, before you start blowing those bubbles.
Blowing the Giant Bubbles
All set to go, where it comes to blowing those giant bubbles? Simply follow the following steps!
- Taking the ends of the dowels, dip that ‘loop’ you have created out of cotton cord, into the solution.
- Now, pull the wand up, ensuring that the sticks stay together.
- Open up that loop, by separating the sticks. Now, you will find those bubbles blowing almost ‘magically’, with literally no effort from your side at all.
Note: In the absence of any sort of breeze, you might want to ‘swing’ that bubble wand, to create that giant bubble.
Cool Tip: To ‘close off a bubble’, simply close that wand back up!
For more such interesting blogs, visit Eurokids!