Celebrations are part and parcel of one’s life and make our daily work routines less monotonous. Celebrations come in all forms, some are festivals, while others are achievements or milestones commemorating the momentous occasion. It is important to take a breather to live and not merely exist. Life as a journey is filled with ups and downs, and just like a heartbeat, it can be snatched away by a superior force at any moment. This is one of the major reasons why we need to celebrate life and not let it simply pass us by. Just as we celebrate birthdays, we celebrate weddings with a honeymoon and even the arrival of the birth of a child with a baby shower. However, there’s a new trend emerging in the world today, a celebration which you may or may not have heard of. Have you ever heard of a babymoon? Well, if you haven’t, be assured that you’re sailing in a boat with many other people. Luckily for you, we’ve got you covered. Before delving into more complex ideas related to a babymoon, let’s have a look at what is a babymoon.
What Is A Babymoon?
A babymoon is an occasion for celebration that closely resembles a honeymoon. Instead of spending time alone and quality time with your better half, you celebrate the time with your spouse before the arrival of your baby. One of the main reasons for this growing trend is the fact that most couples don’t get enough time to spend with each other when raising a newborn. Raising a newborn is more challenging than it appears to be. It involves sacrifices, making lifestyle and work changes and sleepless nights. Oftentimes this happens in the relationship between a couple, leading to separation or divorce. So, a babymoon is a vacation which a couple takes just before the birth of their little bundle of joy. Since the celebration is more of a created one that doesn’t adhere to any formal sort of rules or restrictions, a couple can have a babymoon more than once in their life. A weekend getaway before the birth of their second child is one such example.
Importance Of A Babymoon
Often disregarded as a new and stupid tradition, this custom does hold some value in modern days. Just as the world is evolving, people and their needs are always changing. What would be regarded as a couple’s goals a hundred years back, may no longer be a priority in a relationship. We, as individuals, must evolve with the changing times and see what works for us in the present generation. With stress being a major concern, the need for vacations has increased among the present generation. The advent of psychology has taught us about the importance of being happy and being in a healthy relationship. For this to happen, we must take time out of our busy schedules to value human connections. A newborn baby should strengthen the relationship between husband and wife and not break it. One way of doing so is by taking a babymoon. Now that you have a better idea of what a babymoon is and why you should take it, let’s dig a little deeper and understand how to plan a babymoon.
How To Plan A Babymoon?
If you have been wondering how to plan a babymoon, you’ve come to the right place.
- One factor that will feature at the top of your list when planning a babymoon is budget. Expenses are always a burden and often more than not, determine your place of vacation. First, decide how much you want to spend on your babymoon and then select a place either locally or internationally to spend quality time with the one you love.
- The second most important factor is safety precautions. You must bear in mind that travelling when pregnancy can sometimes be a dangerous thing. This will usually depend upon whether it is a high-risk pregnancy or not. Consult your doctor before planning a babymoon.
- Choose a place that suits you and your partner’s liking. Don’t force yourself to go somewhere just because others have done so. Decide upon a place based on your liking and what you and your spouse enjoy. What you and your partner enjoy is something between you and that doesn’t have to be shared with others. After all, a relationship doesn’t need a third wheel.
- Maybe think of something romantic. Since the primary purpose of a babymoon is to ignite flames of passion, it is crucial to do something romantic. A romantic getaway involving roses, wine and a romantic dinner can go a long way. Before thinking of bringing love into your child’s life ensure that you and your partner are in a happy and fulfilling relationship.
What To Do On A Babymoon?
- Lie around and enjoy each other’s company.
- Binge-watch a new serial which you have been waiting to watch.
- Buy things for your baby.
- Have a relaxing day at the spa with your one and only.
- Discuss baby names and decide on one you both like.
- Make reservations at a fancy restaurant that you’ve been waiting to try.
Here at EuroKids, we try to do our best when it comes to your little ones. We realize the intense care and love that goes into raising toddlers and want to provide the same while you’re away and at work. Our curriculum is carefully designed to integrate the stimulation of body, mind and soul. We focus on the overall growth and development of our little tots, shaping them into responsible citizens who can contribute to the country and the world productively. If you want to learn more about child health, nutrition and overall wellness, be sure to check out our blog. Our blog covers tons of topics which can help you better raise your kid.